Sunday, July 17, 2011

Desert Sunset

Today I went out onto the balcony outside my room to do my nails and just sit for a while. It was hot and suffocatingly humid. No one else was out because of the heat. There was no breeze, and the world was completely still. All I could hear were the sounds of birds and squirrels in the tree next door.

It was a surreal experience, sitting there in the blistering heat with the heavy air pressing down on me, totally devoid of human company. I was able to stand still and enjoy the lethargy and serenity of summer. After two weeks of constantly being with people, it was exactly what I needed. It's not often that I get to experience such complete stillness. It makes me want to visit a desert where it's hot and still and beautiful all the time. Or maybe I just watch too many westerns.

Anyway, I've been really inspired by deserts, sunsets, and blendy colors lately. Not even in just a sartorial sense, either. I just love the idea of the desert, and would love to travel to one and experience its beauty in person.




All landscape photos from the National Geographic website.

I also stole some gorgeous desert-inspired makeup pictures from Powder Doom, my favorite makeup blog in the whole world.


It's great to be back to blogging after my jaunt at Spanish camp! I hope you guys had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!