Friday, June 15, 2012

I've got my eye on you.



Thrifted top with DIY collar, American Apparel skirt, DIY rosary, Glow Worm Shop eyeball ring, drugstore knee-highs, my same old saddle shoes

I bought this skirt around Christmastime and haven't gotten around to posting it yet. It's finally warm enough to wear it regularly! It's the only thing I've ever gotten from American Apparel. I'm kind of bummed because I later saw a similar skirt on Miracle Eye for way cheaper. I would have preferred to support the teen genius behind Miracle Eye than American Apparel, too. Oh well. For future reference, if you need a velvet skirt, get it from here! I'm also really happy with my new eyeball ring and drugstore socks! It's hard to tell in these pictures, but they're actually sheer. I'll be wearing both of these things practically every day this summer.

I was at my favorite thrift store the other day and I had the good fortune to stumble across this black polo shirt and a bunch of vintage lace trim for $2.99 each! I also found some massively fierce leopard hotpants and two bunny figurines that I couldn't bear to leave behind, among other things. I'd say it was a successful shopping trip.

 My creepy bunny friends. Their eyes are haunting, yet strangely adorable.
 My lace trim in its pretty vintage packaging! There were also a few stray pieces of white and pink lace stuffed in a bag with these two rolls.
 The tortoiseshell shades were thrifted along with all the other finds here, and the mint green frames I got free at Q-Quest, a super fun LGBTQ youth conference. Unfortunately they look ridiculous when I wear them (even by my standards), so they just sit on my dresser and look pretty.

I hope everyone's enjoying summer! I look forward to a few months of short skirts, ice cream, and frolicking in sunny fields, not to mention the Rookie meetup! Sadly they're not coming to the Twin Cities, but I'm determined to road-trip out to Chicago to meet them at the end of the month. How could I miss the chance to spend time with a giant group of Rookies and maybe even see Tavi irl? It's going to be great. Obviously I'm obsessed.

7 comments:

  1. I love the DIY lace on the collar, and velvet seems to flatter you alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of this!

    munchmecat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this soo much!!!
    I especially love your hair!
    you are so different I love it !

    www.rose-in-the-desert.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR STYLE
    asdjaskdjh

    You know when you stumble across a blog and it's like, "Yes this is good. MORE." Your outfit is pretty perfect, as are the other bits and bobs- rabbits- glasses! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the skirt, it's such a rich colour! Jealous of the socks too, really want some sheer socks like that!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the oxfords! I'm getting a pair of them my self! LOVE your blog! I'm going through all of your old posts. I'm Maggie and i'm 12 years old. I see that we are both Tavi fans. Since it is apparent that you have good blog judgment, i'm sure that you will enjoy my blog Style Walrus. The website is walruswonderland.blogspot.com. I hope that you will check out my blog!
    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love your outfits!And your blog, your hair.You are pretty!
    P.S. Love that pentagram shirt you were wearing on previous post!
    xo

    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!