Thursday, November 24, 2011

First snow



Thrifted leopard shirt, gifted sweater, Miracle Eye leggings, forever 21 shoes

This sweater was given to me by my 5th grade teacher, Martha. She's a totally amazing woman who would always assign really interesting and creative projects for her class. She also had an affinity for dumpster diving and thrift shopping, and would occasionally bring her students odds and ends that she found. One day she dug this thing out from a humongous pile of stuff in the back of her classroom and gave it to me, because she knew I loved cats. I wore it regularly back then, but as I got older I deemed it "uncool" (silly me) and it fell to the back of my closet. The other day I pulled it out and realized how fippin' sweet it is, and that it was made to be worn with velvet leggings, and behold! This outfit was born! I love wearing things that were given to me by loved ones. It feels so special to put on clothing that you love and be reminded of someone special to you.

P.S. It snowed! Joy.
P.P.S. Happy thanksgiving, American readers!

2 comments:

  1. The sweater is too cool to be true. I am officially jealous)

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit is amazing. posted it on my tumblr, hope you don't mind: http://cyan-amaranth.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!