Saturday, August 3, 2013

Lepidoptera

I'm on vacation right now, so I thought I'd share my most aesthetically pleasing photos from the trip so far. It's interesting that when I compiled my favorite pictures, they ended up sticking to a color scheme. When I'm not taking pictures of my family I've been drawn to ethereal pastel colors and dreamy textures. Go figure, right?


 2

3





7

 8

9
  1. A hi-res scan of a moth cutie at the American Museum of Natural History
  2. A giant piece of raw jade at the museum
  3. Some kind of mineral at the museum (I was in too much of a hurry to read the plaque)
  4. A huge jellyfish that was hanging from the museum ceiling
  5. A creature we found at the beach. Any idea what it is?
  6. Waves
  7. Also waves
  8. An ideal pin/collar combo (pin from this etsy store)
  9. The sunset on the drive from New York to Ontario

6 comments:

  1. These are so stunning and ethereal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dreamy,mind meltingy, and magnificent :)


    styleriottt.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! They all are so perfect, together and alone! Wah, I wish I could take photos like that. DO you use film or digital?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Digital! It's just a little Canon point-and-shoot. It gets pretty clear pictures outside, but indoors they tend to be blurry. You should see how many failed attempts I had to get a shot of a taxidermy anteater.

      Delete
  4. Your #5 kinda looks like a trilobite, but of course they are extinct. Maybe one of the isopods? Check out Bathynomus giganteus maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!