Friday, December 6, 2013

Do Not Enter The Dog Park






Jacket: thrifted/diy 
Pants: American Apparel 
Shirt: Welcome to Night Vale merch 
Boots: Dr. Martens  
Hat: very old and I don't remember
Lipstick: Portland Black Lipstick Co.


Here I am looking real jaunty in my winter layers. I've decided to start documenting my more casual outfits because 1) I think they're still pretty cute, and 2) if I only post my fanciest outfits on here, it's not really an accurate representation of my style. Sometimes you just have to wear a t-shirt and jeans, you know? Plus this will hopefully motivate me to make my casual outfits look good too. I'm starting to accumulate a bunch of clothes that are practical and comfortable but still stylish, and it makes me a lot more excited to get dressed in the morning. This isn't to say that I won't still wear giant shoulder pads and floor-sweeping skirts, I'll just look better on the days when I take a break from the weird outfits.

Usually I'm not one to buy fandom merch, but these creepy deer won me over. If you're not familiar with Welcome to Night Vale, it's a free podcast about a fictional town in the desert where strange, unexplainable things are always happening. I highly recommend it if you're looking for something spooky and fun to listen to on your daily commute. It took me through countless long shuttle rides when I had my internship over the summer.

P.S. Sorry for the dodgy photo quality in these. Oncoming winter means that daylight is limited and even when it's light out, it can be cloudy and gross. There's only so much my little point-and-shoot can do!

6 comments:

  1. I can see why you would be swayed to buy band merch- those creepy deer rule! When I want to wear t-shirt and jeans outfits I wear lots of little badges, pinbacks and weird scarves and hats to dress it up a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm simply going to have to download that podcast, considering it's scary and has awesome tshirts available! I agree about the casual pics, I like to see what people are wearing even if they're not going somewhere special ... mind you, I wear evening gowns to buy milk so ... ummm. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your style. I'm more of a sweater + jeans girl in winter and my style is very different from day to day. One day its light colors one day its all dark. Guess it depends on my mood but I must always feel comfortable. That never changes..

    http://chamomiledealer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to see what the whole hub bub about welcome to nightvale is... it seems pretty killer based on what my friends have told me and the merch I have seen... Even if this is a more casual outfit I think it is still pretty awesome! I mean the patches on that jacket are pretty darn cool!
    Charlotte

    teendoggie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetheart, puh-leeze don't try to 'fit-in' withe surreal, passing world - they'll just use you to abuse you; try to fit-in withe eternal-God-in-Heaven who made YOU and loves YOU with a passion - precisely what I'm trying to do because this earth is only a testing ground, then eternity, either Up -or- down according to OUR choices through free-will. Looky here…

    Precisely why I had our ‘philanthropic + epiphany’ (= so much to give + vision): wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon, girl…

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!