Tuesday, August 27, 2013
1. Some of my delicate clothes being hand washed in the sink, resulting in an interesting pattern.
2. A bunny at the state fair that is my eyeliner inspo for fall
3. my current manicure. Peachy nude polish with a matte top coat that makes it look kind of like putty, almost kind of medical-looking if that makes sense? Accent nail is Sally Hansen Sugar Coat, which has the most amazing texture of any nail polish I've owned.
4. The sky at the state fair
I've just moved back into my room at school and started classes again. I'll hopefully get back to outfit photos soon, but for now here are some pictures I've taken recently. Good luck to everyone who's going back to school!
Friday, August 9, 2013
(Sorry for all the strangers in the background of this one, the park was kind of crowded.)
Yesterday was my 19th birthday! I celebrated by eating a lot of good food, finally seeing Pacific Rim, and drifting around Minnehaha Falls with my best friend. While I was there I ran into this cute outhouse and some nice purple wildflowers.
The dress I'm wearing here is several years old. It's Rodarte for Target, so it's from... 2009? 2010? I've worn it to a wedding, my high school graduation, at least one school dance, a halloween, and on a few regular days. It's fluffy and sweet and it's just one of those dresses that makes me feel happy, especially since there are so many memories attached to it. I paired it with some dark lipstick because I just feel wrong if I don't look a little spooky.
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
These are the rest of the pictures I took on my trip that I wanted to share here. Pink with dark green is one of my favorite color combinations, so it's no surprise that I was drawn to those colors in my photos. This vacation has made me want to bring my camera everywhere. It's amazing how easy it is to take interesting photos when you have a camera with you all the time! You never know when you're going to stumble across something beautiful. That's photography 101 I guess but I'm still learning the basics.
1. My actual dream house in Kingston, Ontario
2. A closeup
3. Mist in the Catskills
4. A cross on my grandmother's wall
5. A new pair of shoes and my trusty Frida socks (taken by my sister)
6. Me wearing my grandmother's fur stole that she gave me while I was visiting (taken by my sister)
7. The nail polish that I picked off during a long car ride
Saturday, August 3, 2013
I'm on vacation right now, so I thought I'd share my most aesthetically pleasing photos from the trip so far. It's interesting that when I compiled my favorite pictures, they ended up sticking to a color scheme. When I'm not taking pictures of my family I've been drawn to ethereal pastel colors and dreamy textures. Go figure, right?
- A hi-res scan of a moth cutie at the American Museum of Natural History
- A giant piece of raw jade at the museum
- Some kind of mineral at the museum (I was in too much of a hurry to read the plaque)
- A huge jellyfish that was hanging from the museum ceiling
- A creature we found at the beach. Any idea what it is?
- Also waves
- An ideal pin/collar combo (pin from this etsy store)
- The sunset on the drive from New York to Ontario